Friday, May 13, 2011

Info, thanks, and hopes

A week and a half in Thailand doesn’t seem like much time looking at the three months ahead, but it’s definitely proven too long a wait to start this blog! We have done and seen so much already, it’s going to be hard to catch up!


Here’s the lowdown. I’ll be living in Phichit, Thailand for the summer with International Language Programs (ILP), a service organization that sends volunteers abroad to teach English to children. In fact, this is the very first school that ILP will have in Thailand, and I’m so excited to help begin the program in this country!


Just being here for such a short time has already helped me see how much easier life comes for those who speak English. I’m so grateful to my incredibly generous friends and family who paid my way to come here! I feel immensely blessed and know this is where I am supposed to be right now. I can already tell I am going to learn so much and see the world in a way I never could have seen it otherwise! I know I’m going to come to love the kids I’ll be teaching and love the people of Thailand by the end of this experience. Above all else, I hope I can become more like my Savior as I serve and love these sweet children this summer! I can’t wait!

2 comments:

  1. LAURA!! THIS IS CUTE. and I love you!! and you're the best. and have soooo much fun :]

    ReplyDelete